Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wine Bottle Bag is done!!


I just finished felting my cool new Wine Bottle bag and couldn't wait to post it! Thanks so much Hobbygasa for that great pattern!! It knit up pretty quickly and took barely over one
50 gram skein to make! I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted weight in Amber Heather. The picture above shows it all felted and holding a nice bottle of red wine; it was still damp, because, like I said, I just couldn't wait to post it!

The picture on the right shows how big it was before it went through the washer. I have that nice bottle of Pinot Gregio chillin' right now so I can try out the bag/cozy with it tonight!

I might have to whip up a couple of these for Xmas gifts! I think it looks good like it is, but it would be easy to decorate. I think it would look great sitting on a dining table with maybe a few strands of rafia tied around the middle.

Here is the link to the pattern, just
CLICK ME!

6 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

That is pretty cool. Have you ever done any needle felting? That looks like the perfect "canvas" for some needle felted adornments.

 
At 3:11 AM , Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Wow - great work! It is so nice! I have decorated mine with needle felting, but you can do anything you like, or you can live it as it is. For Christmas it is nice to sew on some - oh I don't find the English word - you know that green leavs with red berries often used for Christmas - I have seen in movies that people hold a branch and kiss under it... Can you understand what I mean?? Anyway Tina, well done!!

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Yes, Tina it is very nice. Where did you find the pattern....I know just the person who would love this for Christmas. Hobbygasa, the word in English is "mistletoe" and yes, it would look great with it on it for the holidays...

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Paula said...

Oh what a great idea!

I like how it turned out!

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger terrypfa said...

oh my god, i absolutely love it. it's just the pattern i've been looking for.....are you sharing?

 
At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you willing to share this pattern. It would be great to give as gifts for Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home