Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Dogs and my first felted project

For this week's 'Dogs on Thursday', I have picture here are Pixi & Gracie (l to r). They were born and raised here at Wonderland Kennels and recently turned three. Aren't they cutie pies? Gracie likes the Conformation Ring and is also really good at Obedience, while Pixi is an absolute Agility nut who surprised everyone with how quickly she picked up all the obstacles, especially the weave poles. But all their talent hasn't gone to their heads, as they spend most of their time lounging around the house and playing with the kids.

Above is my favorite picture I ever personally took of the dogs. Here are the girls with their litter mates; Gracie is to the left of the basket and Miss Pixi Poo is the one chewing on the ivy!



I think my first felted project turned out pretty well, and it was so much fun to pull it out of the washer and find that the purse had shrank down to a mere 6 and half inches tall! {I will confess here, that, before I had actually tried this felting stuff, that I had thought the whole process was sort of a waste of time. I used to wonder why folks didn't just knit things the size they wanted in the first place instead of wasting all that extra yarn.} Well, I have now seen the light! People felt because it is fun! And because you end up with a sturdier finished project.

9 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

OMG - how freaking adorable! I'm a huge Boston lover - they are just gorgeous! Love the felted bag too!

 
At 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booga Bag is the only felted item I have ever made - I love it and am not sure why I haven't continued on the felted path...maybe someday.
I really like your colors!

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Paula said...

Oh you pooches are just so adorable.
I looove their baby picture!
Maybe they need a felted bed?
Hehehe, you hooked on felting now for sure.
I thought it was crazy when I first learned how but it is so much fun!
Now I wish I would have saved all those wool sweater I ruined over my life time!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Pooch said...

Your "big girls" look so alert and "well dressed'!! The puppy pic is absolutely adorable!! I think it would sell commercially for the sheer cuteness of it!!

You bag is glorious and looks ready for Fall and all the colors of that season!

:)

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

So cute dogs! I have a mini schnauzer myself. If you really would like to try to knit the vinebottlebags, I have a Norwegian pattern that I can try to translate to you. It is a very easy knit! By the way - thank you for the compliments on my paintings that I received while writing this comment.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Oh, my they are the cutest dogs I have seen...I have two cats but your picture makes me want a little cutie like them

 
At 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dogs are adorable. Your bag came out great, I love the colors. Booga bags are addicting, watch out! BTW, The needle roll is beautiful!

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Oh my goodness, sweet little poochies. I don't know which picture I like the best.

Felting is the whole reason that I learned to knit, it snowballed from there.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Sonya said...

Felting can be addictive. Watch out! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home