Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Booga Bag and some Chicks


My August project for the Do Something New KAL is going to be this Booga Bag I'm working on, since this will be the first thing I've ever felted - unless you count the navy blue wool sweater I got for Xmas when I was like 12 that got ran thru the washer and dryer, but no, let's not count that. This morning, I finished the nearly endless I-cord, which lacked a mere 6 inches being 6 feet long. I am supposing that is long enough and that is where my Pumpkin yarn ran out. Right now, laid flat the bag measures about 12-1/2 inches across and about the same in height, from where the sides connect to the bottom. I can't wait to see how much smaller it gets when felted, and how the stripes will look! I plan to stick it in the washer this afternoon and I'll post pics after it is done.


Here is a picture of the two little chicks that hatched last week. The mama hen that actually sat on these eggs is probably not the one that laid them, since she is a Silky and both chicks look to be pure Barred Rock. Most hens have a habit of laying in communal nests, so that's really not surprising. We'll have to wait til the chicks are grown to see. We moved them from the hen house to this chicken tractor [small, portable coop] so the others wouldn't bother them. Aren't they cute!

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

The Booga bag looks great, very pretty colors. And those baby chicks...aaaawwww.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Your booga bag is looking good...I am working on one right now..have three finished...Pam got her roll and loves it...hop over to her site and see...

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Paula said...

aaah, what sweet baby chicks.
I miss the ones we had on the farm when I was a kid.

Hehe, I love when I am knitting something to be feltd and my family gives me that look that says, "Woman, are you making an earth cozy?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home