Sunday, July 15, 2007

New Patio Furniture!


I'm having a pretty nice weekend, even though the mailman still hasn't shown up with my yarn package. We finally bought furniture for our previously empty patio! After making my family absolutely sick of shopping for it, we got this pretty white wicker furniture set (on sale for 25% off! I love a bargain!) with blue and white cushions that are surprisingly comfortable to sit on, and a table with 4 chairs and a funky striped umbrella, which is sitting crooked right now because we have yet to locate our stand. I still have my eye on a really cool chimnea that I want to get before fall, and I want to put some potted plants around, oh and red accent pillows. I'm not sure how well the goldfish pond shows up but there is a little man-made stream that flows down into the water, which I spent half of the morning rearranging the rocks for. Does anybody out there know of a pretty water plant that the ducks won't eat?? Or even an ugly one that tastes bad?? So far, our ducks come and gobble up anything green we stick in there.

Yesterday was really fun! First, we went to the grand opening of Ruby Moon Winery in Henderson, KY. This is the only vinyard in the area so I wanted to check it out. We took a tour of the grounds and happily took part in the wine tasting, no arm twisting necessary. My favorite is their Audubon Red (we bought two bottles), plus I really liked their Elderberry wine, and the Apple was also quite good. I wanted to try their Aububon White, too, but it was temporarily sold out, so I'll have to wait for next time on that one. We were really impressed and are probably gonna be very good customers!

Next we went to Ellis Park to bet on the ponies! After three hours, I still had all the gambling money I had brought with me, plus I was a whopping 20 cents on top!! I thought I did pretty well!

Then we had supper at our favorite place, RiRa's. I had a Golden mojito, we shared an order of mushrooms for an appetizer, and I chowed down on their Irish Vegetable Curry with a pint of Guinness. I was so full my belly was about to burst!

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM , Blogger Indie Mama said...

Veggie curry - yum....

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog! I look forward to catching up on your blog soon!

All the best.

 
At 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your patio is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home