Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pukey pink tongue-twister, and a big "Duh" moment

My little 8-year-old niece, Chanler, is staying with us for a few days this week while my nephew and my brother are at Boy Scout camp. Everybody is having fun! Actually, she and Tyler had a bit too much fun in the sun today and came in from the pool looking kind of crispy. My home remedy for sunburn is a puree of tomato and buttermilk, applied directly to the burn for half an hour. I know it sounds weird, but it does seem to work. Anyway, while these two were sitting on the kitchen stools with the goop all over their faces and shoulders, smelling like a salad buffet - with me laughing at the sight of them - Chanler said the stuff looked like pink puke. I said "when have you ever seen pink puke?" and we went on back and forth for a while, then discovered the new tongue twister: I puked pink puke. You try saying it five times fast!


That's a picture of the back of my house. I read thru the discription from my "snakes" post and thought a photo might make it sound less confusing. There are stairs going up from the patio to the driveway, and the flower boxes along the top on each side. That's a goldfish pond in front of the patio with a rock garden around it. Yes, that is a chicken in the back yard, and if you look in the big window upstairs, you can see my Boston Terrier, Maizy, watching me take the picture.




I'm finally making progress on my footies. I had made one, finished the toe, then found out it was waaay to small. What the heck! My gauge was just like it said in the pattern, I double checked all the steps, what was wrong with this stupid Sockotta footie!! Then I looked back at the sizing....which was in little girl sizes. DUH! Well fine, then, I just started another using a Sensational Socks recipe substituting a half inch K2, P2 rib for the cuff and leg section.



Have y'all seen the Summer Knitty? They have some great patterns on there this time, including some sock patterns. I have got to try Breeze, Askew, and Sweet Pea . .
and Tangerine Twist. . . and Coupling. Yep, really cool stuff for summer!

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is quite the tounge twister.
Your house is gorgeous!

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Thank you!

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Ragan said...

I do not know which project to print out first from the summer Knitty!!!
:)
I have so many projects going...oh well.
Nice tongue twister.
Heh heh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home