Sunday, January 07, 2007

Willard Library

I just wanted to check in real quick and say that I hope everyone is having a very Happy New Year. All those resolutions should be gear by now, huh!

The past couple of days I've been busy working on more genealogy. I love hanging out on the family history floor at Willard Library in Evansville. The building itself is over a hundred years old and the carved woodwork is just beautiful, not to mention the thousands of books on that floor, alone! And the endless rolls of microfilm . . . I could seriously camp out there for like a month and never get bored! Tyler likes to go there with me because he hopes to see the resident ghost - yes, there is supposed to a Lady in Grey haunting this regal Victorian mansion. Check out their website if you're intrigued enough to find out the details. . . Mwahahahaa

I won a prize!! I won the December drawing over at the Knittin'
Mittens KAL, so I'm gonna be buggin' the crap out of my maillady until my prize package gets here! This is my favorite KAL and I've made a ton of mittens since I joined. No cold hands for my family!

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, he likes to go with you?? I am a big baby and would stay away from that building! LOL.
Congrats on winning a prize!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Yep, it's fun to watch him peeping around everytime someone enters the room, expecting to see a ghost lady!

I've never seen a blessed thing out of the ordinary there, and the atmosphere is far from spooky. I don't expect to see anything, but I've always thought the legend was kind of neat. The library used to have a "Ghost Watch Web Cam" for years and the local news would do a story on it each year around Halloween.

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger HDW said...

Happy Valentines Day Neighbor!!! I am just stopping by to take a peek, I am previous on the one sock knitting ring!! Hope the prize was something fiberlicious!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home