Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hats and Yarn

On the left are the caps I made for the girls in the Atacama alpaca yarn. The green hank in the middle is the one I went back to the store to pick up and will one day soon be turned into a scarf for me. The red and grey are chunky Cascade for three or four pairs of Snow Mittens.

After I finished Amanda's hat yesterday I was all psyched to start the chunky mittens until I discovered, to my horror . . .I did not have the right size double points!! I hate it when that happens! I have a chart that I keep track of what size needles I have, but I didn't look at it because I just knew that I had the right ones. So, after a short but colorful cussin' fit, I decided to start on a sweater vest for Tyler that should keep me busy until I get to town to buy more DP needles.

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've avoided doing a particular pattern because I thought I didn't have 5 dpn's of the same size. I just picked up the pattern the other day only to discover it said you can use 4 OR 5 dpns...sheesh, if I'd known that before...

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the hats! Alpaca is so wonderful! I hope that you do go back and get the green I have a bunch of the blue, just trying to figure out what to make!! Happy knitting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home