Saturday, November 11, 2006

Thanks!

Tyler, my son the 11-year-old Etch-o-Sketch artist, has asked me to thank y'all for all the great compliments on his drawing! He really appreciated them, as was evident by the huge smile on his face when he read though your responses! He also explained to me that the scene he drew is from a video game, which explains the caterpillar!

I'm almost done with the mittens, except for the fun part of embellishing them. I just need to find five minutes to go dig through the yarn stash, then I should be able to put the finishing touches on 'em.

Check out my NaNo progress bar, all of you out there slaving away with me to crank out 5o THOUSAND words this month on your novel masterpieces. (Yes, you non-NaNoers. I said we are demented enough to put our selves through the torture of trying to meet the 50K goal . . . all during the month of November! mwaaa haaa haaa!) I have finally hit 30% at just over 15,000 words. I was pretty happy about it, too, until I figured out that I need another 10K before Wednesday night to reach the top of the halfway hump. So, I'm forcing myself to have a Scarlett O'Hara moment where I will only think about the wordcount tomorrow . . .

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yay for your NaNo count! I was thinking of joining that this year, but I don't really have the time to devote to it...hopefully next year (when I shouldn't be in school).

Can't wait to see the mittens when they're done!!

Your son did the picture in the previous post on an Etch-A-Sketch???? That is awesome! I could never make anything other than squiggly lines or squares on it, LOL.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Debra said...

Hi Tina, I hope you're still doing well with NaNo and plugging away at the word count! Have a productive week! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home