Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Yarn confusion, too many choices

The next thing on my already too long to-do list is to write down the yardage/ounces/grams of what types of yarn (and in which colors) I need for the projects I plan to make. Why would I want to be that anal about it? I went a yarn store a few days ago, stayed there for a solid hour boring my 16-year-old daughter near to tears, wandering around dead set on picking the perfect yarn for one of the three projects I had in mind. I'd be all set to check out, then remember that I needed bulky instead of the worsted weight I had picked. Then we'd go back, I'd look and look, then decide to doing something else. I had confused myself so bad by the time I left, that I ended up buying some okay yarn in a color that isn't really gonna look that great. . . So, next time I'm either gonna go prepared with an overly detailed list or chain myself to the computer and buy the exact right thing on the internet.

I signed up for
Swapbot! Sounds like fun, so you might want to check it out. I didn't know it existed until a few days ago. I signed up for a letter swap, so I'll see how it goes.

I am really planning to redecorate this blog as soon as I can squeeze in a spare minute. I want a new background, a different picture, and I want to add links to some of the cool blogs I visit. Hopefully it'll get done by this weekend. We'll see. I have to do that and figure out what to do with the too blue yarn I just bought and don't really like . . .

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

If you are on my Kitten Yarns and Crafts click on the link near the bottom, as well as the link for the Knittin Mitten's blog...the links are near the bottom of the stuff written on the sidebar. They have different background templates you can choose from...all free.

 
At 2:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a pita myself when I go to my LYS... hemming, hawing, walking around and seeing everything 4x (I'm sure they think I'm lifting mdse, as long as I'm there and as much time I spend staring at it all!) :) You're definitely not alone!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Shelley, Thanks for the links to the blog template sites. As you can see, I changed mine and I think it looks sooo much better than before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home