Thursday, October 05, 2006

Two Great Links for Parents, Homeschoolers, or Aspiring Poets

I just ran across two excellent links that I had to share.

This first one is especially for homeschooling moms and dads, or anyone with poetic aspirations. Shadow Poetry is a site brimming with resources for exploring and learning all about every aspect of poetry. You can find indepth descriptions of all the different types of poetry - with examples! Who hasn't needed to know the exact difference between a sonnet, a limerick, and a haiku?! (I think other homeschooling moms know what I mean. . . Kids will ask question during their lessons and dang well expect you to give an Encyclopedic answer on the spot.) A page on famous poets has clickable links to their respective biographies and works. Their 'Handbook' is a glossary of all the terms and definitions. For added interest, they even have a Contest page open to all adults and children 13 and over. To sum this site up, I am really impressed with this site and look forward to using it. It will be a great resource for teaching my homeschool kids - PLUS it could very well inspire me to pursue my dreams of one day being a published author.

The other link is for anyone, especially parents, who needs to be on the lookout for perverts. Family Watchdog lets you type in your adress, then a map pops up showing your house and all the registered sex offenders in your neighborhood! You can click on the little squares that represent the child molestors, rapists, etc, and you will get to see an actual picture of the offender, their address, their criminal history, and convictions. I live way out in the sticks on the outskirts of a very Mayberryish town; when I typed in my address, I found that two child molestors live less than 10 minutes away!! SPOOOOOOKY.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for that website, Family watchdog. I just got on and saw the child molesters in my area. I have already receieved the info from my police dept, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anybody new added. One of the men was convicted of rape with force (is there any other kind??) on a child under 14 yrs. of age along with sodomy, and he is living free, why???? You can not rehabilitate these peices of crap, they should rot in jail for the rest of their pathetic lives.

Anyway, I have read your blog and love it! Thanks for visiting mine.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Hi Pam!
Thanks for your compliments! I'm so glad the link helped you scope out some of the pervs in your area. Scary stuff, huh! And I so agree that those people should get a lifetime membership for the worst prison they can find. And I think that sex offenders should have to wear a special prison uniform, like a little pink dress their cellmate would find attractive . . .

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home