Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Morning

I'm so glad to have a nice sunny Sunday morning! We've had tornadoes and flooding rain all through this area for the last two days, so it's good to see the sun again for a change. We didn't have any damage except for a tree limb down in the yard, my dead snowball bush was uprooted, and our fence had to be be fixed due to our bull charging through it when the tornadoe whizzed by (can you blame him!).


I have joined the
Sock-a-Month #2 Knit Along, since I had so much fun in the first one. I also signed up for the Knittin' Mittens KAL, which I think is gonna be fun!


Mittens are fun! So far, anyway. I started a pair Friday and this was my progress by that afternoon:


This is a two-needle pattern and I can't believe how quick they are knitting up. That little mitten is all done now and his little twin should be finished sometime today.


I also started a crocheted purse, the cool 'Granny's No Square' one from The Happy Hooker (the author of this book is the Stitch 'n Bitch Queen, not a prostitute - as far as I know LOL). It's the first thing I've crocheted since some baby blankets when my last kid was born, so I was kinda out of practice. Anyway, I'm happy with my first two squares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home