Thursday, March 30, 2006

Baaaaad luck

Ever have one of those weeks straight from hell? Well, that's what I had last week. Everything that could screw up did, in a big way. Our little Nubian goat, Halley, passed away last Monday; she was very sweet and will be missed. Some paperwork relating to a business issue handled by someone else got botched. Confirmation for my entry into this past weekend's Rally trial didn't come in the mail, so I had to shuffle an endless number of emails back and forth to the find out what times my dog was to be shown. Sunday's judge thought it would be fun for her to NQ 7 of the 10 of us who showed in the 'A' classes, so needless to say, many of us will never show under her again. Our heater's motor went out so we got to dress like eskimos for three days while the part came in. Plus, to make things even more lovely, I had a 4-day migraine from Friday to Monday. Like I said, NOT a good week, which would kind of explain why I haven't posted in a few days. But enough of my sob story, my luck will get better, Damn it!!

I think I have decided to scrap the red shrug I've been working on. It is going soooooo slowly, it uses the exact same stitch over and over and over, and I am really just getting sick of looking at it. So, I think I'm gonna frog it and start on my short-sleeved Tubey! I think that will be a fun project.

My kids have made some cool stuff for Project Spectrum. Amanda made a red velvet cake with strawberry icing, Brittany stitched a red Barbie outfit by hand, and Tyler painted a wooden bubble gum machine he had put together himself!

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM , Blogger aija said...

I'm sorry to hear about your week, I hope it gets better! It is awfully cute about your kids and project spectrum though, very neat idea to get them involved.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger AmyArtisan said...

How fun that your kids are joining in on the project spectrum fun! I look forward to hearing what else they do in the coming months. :)

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'm sorry things have been going so rotton for you lately. I'm sure they'll get better though :o)

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Ragan said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bad week. :( Here's hoping that things will be looking up for you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home