Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More Socks!

This afternoon I finished this pair of red slipper socks. These babies are a triple qualifier: they should earn me a brownie point on the Sock-A-Month Knit-Along (yes, they have heel turns!), plus their red color qualifies them for Lolly's Project Spectrum AND the Red Hot Sizzlin Socks Knit-Along. You'd think with all that credit they would have taken more than three easy days of knitting, huh! The pattern is Cozy Slipper Socks on size 8 double pointed needles, and I substituted Red Heart Light and Lofty in Red Grape Multi because I liked the colors in it.

And thanks for the advise on not blocking the machine washable socks! I'll block the hand-wash ones, but it's straight from the dryer to the drawer for the ones made of superwash wool.

7 Comments:

At 9:34 PM , Blogger AmyArtisan said...

These look great! :) Way to go for triple credit with one project. :)

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger wendy said...

Triple credit is always good. In red makes it better. Great job!

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Ragan said...

Ooooo...fuzzy! They look so comfy! Wow, more brownie points for you! I am falling behind this month...too sick to knit. :)
I can't wait to see what you make next!

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hey...lucky duck to get a triple count!! Those slipper socks sure look nice and comfy! I might have to try to make some myself!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger aija said...

Triple threat! Nice fuzzy slippers too :)

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Zonda said...

Love the color! They look very soft and comfy too! Congrats on the triple points!

Hehe, thanks for the comment on my blog! too funny! :O)

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

So cute and fuzzy! I love slipper socks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home