Thursday, March 02, 2006

My New Knitting Bag!

Look at the cool new knitting bag my Dad gave me! Thanks Pops! I really love it! Not only is it snazzy, but very roomy, too. I actually have two of the projects I'm working on in the bag when the picture was taken, and there is still plenty of space left in it. Now I can be knittin' and stylin' at the same time!



Here is a picture of the Panta I posted about earlier. Like I said, I can NOT get a decent picture of this thing, and having to take a picture of it by myself while it is on my head only makes it worse.
Anyway, here is the top part of it. I used a mini cable stitch instead of plain ridges. I would like to make a skinnier "bad-hair-day-even-in-warm-weather" version, maybe in something pretty and varigated. This thing is warm, too, let me tell ya, 'cause I wore it out on a nature walk with the dogs and kids the other day when it was freezing cold and windy, and it kept my little ears nice and toasty. If you want to see some much better pictures of Pantas, you should check out the 500 + posts on the thread over at Craftster.org. Hey, if nothing else, now you have learned that Panta is a Finnish word for Headband.

3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

It looks good to me. Good job! I've seen some other pics of panta's and debated on making one. I don't think I could wear it though (I don't wear hats either) because I have fine hair and let me tell you...if I were to wear a hat or anything on my head my hair would be MEGA staticky (sp) and that is NOT the look I try to go for lol.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Ragan said...

OOOOOOooooo...nice bag!
And, the hat is really nice too. I really like the color.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Claudia said...

I LOVE the panta! It's on my list of things to make and I need to make this the next project! It's just too cool for words. :)

And I love your bag!!!! My house is exploding with baskets and bags for my yarn and my knitting projects. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home