Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Olympic Progress, etc


Okay, so the picture is not very impressive, but it shows how much I have done on the sleeves. The one on the right is 'on hold' until the one on the left reaches the same size, just to make sure both sleeves are actually gonna be the same length!

Tonight was the night last of the 2006 Westminster Dog Show and a very nice-looking Colored Bull Terrier named Rufus won. There was some stiff competition in the final seven tonight! The Pug and Rottweiler were beautiful also.

Back to the knitting related... I have been as busy as a cat covering up its own poop today!
The kids made peanut butter Valentine treats for the dogs, I made chocolate cupcakes with pink strawberry icing for us humans to eat, and I finished this Knitting Needle Roll to donate to an auction to raise money for a Boston Terrier Rescue. Here is a close up of the pretty Asian Brocade I used on the outside of it. I LOVE this fabric!



One cool thing about the Red Hot Sizzlin' Sock Knit-along is that you only have to knit ONE pair between now and July! Red is my favorite color but I was glad to find out that I didn't have to knit only red socks for the next 4 months!

Its getting late, I'm getting really sleepy - probably too sleepy to be typing since I had to respell 'Olympic' like three times - so I'm gonna go take a bath and go to bed.

3 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your sleeves are looking good so far!!

I love that oriental material on the knitting needle roll...so pretty!

Thanks for the info on the Red Hot Socks...I just might have to look into it closer ;o)

And, I laughed at your comparison..."as busy as a cat covering up its own poop"...too funny!! ROFL!

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Phoebe said...

It's funny how the "Red Hot Socks" and Knitting Olympics can get people to meet. Talk about speed with your shrug...looks awesome! We were excited for Rufus as well!

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

If you couldn't tell, I live in the South, so we have all kinds of funny little saying like that! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home