Thursday, January 26, 2006

Woo Hoo! I finished some stuff!


I finished a scarf for the Red Scarf Project late last night. (It's made with Lion's Brand Homespun in Candy Apple.) On the left is a picture of it, all folded neat and nice, right before I boxed it up and sent it to the post office.

This afternoon I finished my very first pair of socks!!!! Woo Hoo! {okay, so I guess you can tell I get sorta excited when stuff comes off the needles, huh!} They aren't the prettiest things in the world, but I learned a whole bunch about sock knitting.

Notice the one on the top is sort of covering up the middle part of the 'bad' first sock I knitted! The bad sock has a few flaws in it, like when I knitted two rows upside down! Not kidding. I was sooo excited after I got the first gusset done - which turned out to be completely wrong, but hey, I didn't know it at the time - somehow I got all turned around and knitted two rows with the work on top of the needles instead of hanging under them like a good sock is supposed to do. What was I thinking, I sure don't know!? So the 'bad' one has a funny-looking garter stripe going around it. But, hey, I'm still really happy to have finished this pair, so now I can get started on some that might end up less flawed!

I would have to say that knitting the heel is probably my favorite part.

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger knittinmom said...

Isn't turning a heel fun? And don't worry - sock knitting gets MUCH easier w/ time. On my second pair of socks, I had to rip the gusset out on the first one four times before I got it right!

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Abigail said...

The blue socks are too cute. Sock knitting is truly addictive. You'd better watch out though 'cause once the family falls in love with hand knit socks you'll be knitting socks for life:0). Yea for us.

 
At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. I am getting ready to knit my first pair of socks. I'm so excited. I have knit fuzzy feet from knitty so I have done the basics of a sock before. I love the heel as well. It's fun. :)

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Very cute socks! And, yes, turning the heel is fun (second only in my book to picking up the gusset stitches)! Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home