Friday, February 03, 2006

My New Knitting Bags!


My old bag that held my knitting stuff was really old and crappy-looking, so, since there was a fabric store with a huge moving sale going on, I thought I'd take advantage of it and make myself a couple of new ones. I love the fun colors, and they both have enough pockets to hold all my little gadgets! The fabric on the orange one on the left is a lot prettier in person, it looks almost handpainted. The green one is big enough that it could most likely hold enough yarn to knit a sweater for an elephant and a hippo blanket at the same time. I finished the green one last night and stitched up the orange one this morning. I think they turned out pretty cool!

The Mail Lady finally brought the sock yarn I've been waiting for, so I'll be able to start my next pair of socks tonight! And I have some pretty new yarn just waiting to be turned into a shrug, but it has to wait until I finish the scarf I'm working on.

My only problem is that my leftover material from the knitting totes is bothering me. It's seems to be calling to me..."make a knitting needle roll out of us...we won't let you sleep until you do...."

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The bags look great! I like the big one the best I think. It would be good for carrying around an afghan that is in progress (knit or crochet) without having to bunch it all up into a little ball to try to fit it in. Good job on both though!

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Thanks Shelley! The big one is so great compared to my old, which was roomy but would 'overflow' when I was working on a sweater or anything bigger that a skinny scarf.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home