Monday, March 06, 2006

What should I do with this Dissected Sweater?


This is a picture of the March Knit-Along dishcloth. If you look real close you can see a three-leaf clover in the middle, just waiting for St. Patty's day, Leprechauns, and buckets of green beer. (Well, this is Kentucky so I think when St. Patricks' day rolls around my beer will still be the normal color ... but maybe if I drink enough of it, I can turn green! LOL)

I've been reading so much about people recycling sweaters (I spend too much time reading thru Craftster.org!) that I thought I'd give it a shot so I went to the big Thrift Store and paid 50 cents for a sweater with a Gap label, made of wool and angora. I thought it had a nice feel to it, even though the color was a little drab, so I planned to frog it, then maybe kool-aid dye the yarn,
and eventually reknit the thing into something wearable. I came home and broke out the scissors; I cut the seams apart easily enough, but I think I was a little too zealous to get started because when I tried to unravel the blessed thing, all I could get were short pieces. So now I need to figure out what to do with this dissected sweater! I am too stubborn to just pitch it so I need to come up with some ideas. If nothing else, I can felt it and make a dozen potholders, but I'd rather come up with something more fun that that. I'm thinking maybe I could stitch a couple doggie sweaters. The front piece has cables on it but the back and sleeves are in stockinette.

Any ideas or suggestions are really needed and will be greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home