Saturday, March 11, 2006

Disappointing Saturday

Today is rainy, crappy, disappointing day. Maizy was entered in an agility trial (about an hour-and-a-half drive from here) but after waking up a little before 6 am, driving part of the way in a thunderstorm with real flood warnings for the area we were driving through, not to mention the Semi-driver who about ran over our van, being passed by ambulances going to help other people were also stupid enough to be out in this mess, hydroplaning, having to pull off the road because it was raining so dang hard we couldn't see - we had to turn around and come home. Maizy and Pixi ( two of my Boston Terriers, in case you didn't know) are entered for tomorrow also, so I'm hoping it's not storming them. The event is held indoors but with a dirt floor, so I'm kinda dreading seeing what condition everything is going to be in. So long as the roads are safe to get there, we are going! Anyway, enough of my 'woe is me' sob story; I am glad to be home in one piece but am really, really disappointed we had to miss it today.

Yesterday, on the other hand, was a great day for me....my birthday!! I had a lot of people call to wish me a happy day, my mom came to visit, I got some really nice presents, and my favorite part was getting to go out to lunch with my three kids and husband. It was a really nice day, and no rain! ha ha We rented a cool scary movie, too, which I liked, called Dark Water.

I am sooooo close to being done with Brittany's Skully Pirate scarf, I should be done with it this weekend. I love the pattern and it is a quicker knit than the Alien one, but then I really liked that one, too.

Oh, I still could use some suggestions for what to make out of my dissected sweater. So far I'm thinking doggie sweater, felted mittens, maybe a purse of some kind......please, please, ideas are more than welcome on this!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home