Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nut Club Fall Festival

We had a great time last night at the Nut Club Fall Festival in Evansville, Indiana! If you're not from around here, this is a HUGE street fair - the second largest one in the country next to Mardi Gras -the road is blocked off, over 120 food venders line both sides of the street, a stage is set up in the middle, rides and games galore as far as you can see, thousands of people milling around. . . a little slice of October heaven! As for the food, this is so not just your staple elephant ears and hot dogs, oh no. They do have those, but the air is filled with the aroma of everything from the odd to the exotic: brain sandwiches (I know, GAG, not this girl, but a bunch of people like it, for some reason that I will never understand), alligator jerky, Scorpion pops (yep, real farm raised ones captured in a sucker! These sold out before we arrived), chocolate covered grasshoppers, giant turkey legs, plus all the normal favorites. I am a pesco ovo vegetarian (which means I don't eat any meat or dairy products, but do eat eggs and the occasional seafood) so I passed on the bar-b-que; I had a portabella mushroom fajita, fried pickle spears with maranara sauce, turtle apples (Oh, God, these were gooooood. Apples slices ooooozing in warm caramel sauce and chocolate, sprinkled with bunches of chopped pecans), a lemon shake-up, and a few bites of the kids' deep-fried candy bar. Okay, so now I'll shut up about the food. The picture you should see to the right is my 11-year-old son, Tyler, and his ginormous Sonic! He won it playing the carni game where you throw little rings at a mass of beer bottles, and he actually won!! Boy, is he proud of himself!


Here is picture of the pretty scissors fob I won from Woven 'N Spun. Thanks, Kimberly!

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time. My 11 yr. old son is named Tyler as well.
Love those scissors, I bought myself some about a year ago, I couldn't resist the cuteness of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home