Sunday, December 31, 2006

Six Weird Things Meme

Shelley tagged me for the Six Weird Things meme, here it goes. Hhhmmmm, only six of the weirdest things about me, let me narrow it down......

1. Most people think my eating habits are strange, but hey, it works for me. I am what I call a Pesco Ovo vegetarian, which means I do not eat meat of any kind or consume milk, cheese, or any other dairy product. I do eat seafood occasionally. I am sort of a health fanatic and chose this type of diet about 8 years ago.

2. I'm a Dog Fanatic!! We have 10 very special, pampered, trained dogs that my family loves very much. We own Wonderland Kennels and spend a lot of time training our pooches for showing and competition in Conformation, Agility, Schutzhund, and Obedience. If you see me, you will probably see one of my dogs as we take them nearly everywhere.

3. I play with my dead ancestors!!! . . . Okay, don't freak out on me, I am into climbing my family tree, a genealogy junkie! I actually got into this when I was a little kid in second grade, after watching Roots. Seriously, this is what I would call one of my big life-long hobbies. I was accepted as a member of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution on Dec. 9th, I have an application in progress for the Mayflower Society, and I hope to join more heritage organizations this year. Yes, my name is Tina and I'm a genealoholic! LOL

4. What! There's a chicken and goat in my yard!? Did I mention that I love animals? We have a very small mini-farm and live way out in the country in Kentucky. The farm animals actually have a very nice little pasture and building to sleep in, but the poultry likes to play in our yard, which is actually one of the reasons we got them; along with all the eggs we can eat, they also keep the bug population down. And Minnie Pearl, one of the Pygmy goats, just gets into the yard because she can and she thinks it's funny.

5. I love spooky stuff, like Stephen King books and horror movies. The weirder the better!

6. I try to find the fun and adventure in everyday things, which sometimes annoys people, but hey, I believe you should make the most out of every single day. I love eating new kinds of food at strange little restaurants, I stop in those odd specialty stores that pop up in town, I will make the van come to a screetching stop if I pass a zoo, and I try to amuse myself and the whoever is around me in otherwise boring situations.

Thanks for tagging me Shelley! Now the world nows my weirdness! LOL

I didn't know who to tag, so if you are reading this and you haven't yet participated in this Meme, then, POOF, you are tagged!!

"THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'm into genealogy too! I think I might have told you that before though...if not, well I have now ;o)

Thanks for playing along!

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Just in case you didn't see the post on the Knittin' Mittens blog, you are the winner of the December prize. Just email me your address and I'll get it off to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home