Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Weekend

It's been a pretty calm weekend around here. I decided to kick back and relax a few days. I'm gonna destress and take it easy for a change.


Yesterday, Barry and I went to one of our favorite restaurants in Evansville, IN, Ri Ra's. It's a cool Irish pub with the works: beautiful woodwork throughout the building, a big variety of delicious food, and the Guiness and spirits are always a-flowin'! Great Irish atmosphere and just the place I needed to pig out and relax. Oh, and they have a kick ass Golden Mojito that is making me thirsty for it as I type this!


My only accomplishment on my weekend 'off' is that I am finally done with the four pairs of Snow Mittens. I used my own pattern on these and made each pair a little different. (The first pair has a tiny imperfection in it, since I had to rip it back about 5 times, but it's not too noticable and hey, I can live with it.) I used Cascade 128 in Ruby and Charcoal; just two hanks of the red and one of the gray make almost all 8 mittens. The pair on the bottom right has red thumbs, you may notice, and that is because I ran out of the gray! Also on that pair, the thumb on one and the top part above the gray stripe on both were knitted in Cascade 220 (which I am lucky as crap to have found in my stash, get this, in the same Ruby color, different dye lot!), I just had to use two strands held together there, since that is the skinnier worsted weight and 128 is chunkier. I'm quite happy with how they turned out! I call them our Snow Mittens because I LOVE playing out in the snow probably more than my kids do and these should keep all of our hands nice and toasty warm and we pummel each other with snowballs. Now that they are all done, I'll just stick 'em in the closet for five or six months until cold weather gets here!

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great job on all the mittens! They look nice and warm and ready for when the snow flies next winter!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Love the mittens...Oh, and I haven't forgotten you either...I am going to get a money order Wed, my day off, as I still can't get into Estsy....don't know why and never heard back from them....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home