Friday, July 06, 2007

Oh, Mailman. . . . where are you?

Well, now I will be pestering my mailman until I get my package. Actually, I have a mailman part of the week and a maillady the majority of the time; why, I don't know, that is just how they split their shift, I guess.

I finally made an order from KnitPicks, though I've been looking at their catalog and stuff forever. For twenty bucks I'm getting yarn for a purse, two pairs of those cool Breeze footies from the Summer Knitty, and a pair of socks for myself that I have yet to decide which pattern to use. Woohoo! Can't wait for that dang mailman!

The purse is going to be the ever famous and much lusted after Booga Bag! The pattern and the finished ones I've seen on blogs look SOOOO COOl! Mine is gonna be a mock Noro one (yep, I'm a knitter on a budget). I ordered 5 different colors of KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes - in daffodil, grass, pumpkin, chestnut, and cranberry - and plan to make the stripes by just switching the yarn every so often. This will be the first thing I've felted, so hopefully I won't screw it up!

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Heddy said...

Good luck with the booga bag ... they are a lot of fun! I really enjoy them -- and what a good idea for budget wise knitting to buy lots of colours of wool and knit a bag that way! post pics when you are done, please!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I haven't made a booga bag yet...I have the pattern though. It's something I plan on making in the future. I did make one bag so far...no, two (one was given to a friend for Christmas. She said she loved it and ooohed and aaahhhed over it...and I have never seen her use it...ever.)

Hope you'll post a pic of your Knit Picks loot...and the stuff you make with it of course!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home