Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Busy Week

Boy, have I had a busy week - one of those that had me rushing off in a million directions at once, wondering why I couldn't get everything finished. Luckily, I sort of jot down some of the stuff I do and such in my planner, so looking back at the past seven days, I at least feel like I accomplished something.

I'm trying to work on redecorating and trying to focus on one room at a time, starting with the sitting room. On Monday I stripped and refinished the bay and bow windows. Since I had to sand them down with a power sander, I still have a layer of dust over all the furniture. While I had the stain out, I retouched all the bar stools in the kitchen, then I stained the trunk that acts as a coffee table in the sitting room and also houses my kids' homeschooling stuff. Later in the week, I stitched up 4 throw pillows to go on the couch and love seat in the sitting room; I stuffed 3-1/2 of them, then ran out of polyfil. Now they are decorating my dining table until I can finish stuffing the last one. Plus I have two prints I ordered and the frames I shopped all over town to find, also stacked up in the dining room until I can get to them. Oh yeah, and I have two trays to paint and decoupage, one for the sitting room and one of the patio.

Aside from the decorating which may never get finished, I had stupid jury duty on Wednesday. Thank goodness I didn't get picked for the Grand Jury, but I'm call for the next 6 months! Now I think being on an actual jury could be kind of fun, but we live in a teeny little town that is so much like Andy Griffith's Mayberry that it's spooky. Webster County has been mentioned on the Paul Harvey radio show as being one of the few counties in this country that has never convicted anyone of murder . . . nobody has ever really been convicted of much of anything here, which makes it a pretty safe place to live in though not very interesting if one is serving on a jury.

A particular in-law got on my very last nerve but if I got into that, this post would never end. If there are no nosy, intrusive lunatics in your spouse's family, consider yourself oh, so lucky!!!

Friday was fun! We took the kids to Build-a-Bear, out to eat at Turoni's, and shopping at few of our favorite stores. We picked up Book 5 in the Harry Potter series, since I'm trying to read all the books in order before cracking the new one, which my son is reading; so now I'm on chapter 6 of the Order of the Phoenix. I also picked up 'Charmed Stitches' !! Loving it!!

Yesterday was Saturday, so I went treasure hunting at yard sales with Barry and Tyler. I was looking for something in particular to make into end tables, but I had no luck. We found nothing of interest at all. It was nearly hundred degrees and all we seemed to see was old clothes and shoes and broken crap, which Tyler and I made up a funny little song about to aggravate Barry! That part was fun!

My grandpa grows great tomatoes in his garden, so I've got 7 quarts going in the canner as I'm bloggin' right now.

Aside from all the stuff I mentioned, I still need to get some more things done for the Etsy shop, finish up two genealogy applications to a couple of Societies I'm in the process of joining, and start lesson planning for our Homeschool which starts next month. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Okay, I'm calm now. One fun thing I've been working on is the new knit-along I'm hosting, the 'Do Something New KAL'! I've already had a bunch of really nice people join up from all over the place and I'm really excited! I've been working on my first project, which I'll post about tomorrow.

I've also been meaning to get a picture of the two baby chicks our silky hen hatched last week.

Well, I gotta go get the jars out of the canner, 'cuz my buzzer is going off. Did I mention I would really, really, really, really like to have a maid, a vegetarian chef, and a personal assistant!

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Well, you have had one busy week..I don't know where you find the energy..
Oh, and I think I finally got thru to paypal...let me know if you receive it...

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you need to slow down! Actually, can you come to my house? :)

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Good luck finding the maid, vegetarian chef, and personal assistant. If there are any applicants that you decide not to hire would you please forward their resumes to me?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home