Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Book Release and Ball

Unless you've been hiding under a rock somewhere in Siberia you have to know that early in the wee hours of this morning - 12:01 am to be exact - the last and final book in the Harry Potter series was released. So, I loaded up the van with myself and the five goofy kids pictured above, drove an hour to the Borders in Evansville, and celebrated Pottermania literally all night long. First let me explain the photo: That's Brittany giving her brother Tyler the bunny ears; Amanda is in the black Tinkerbell shirt; Tyler - normally blonde, but he had Brittany spray paint his hair black to go with his costume - has replaced his normally smiley expression with the mean one in an attempt to look more dramatic; my niece Chanler is actually riding the authentic Nimbus 2000 - backwards, no less - which you can see if you look closely at her right hand;and my nephew Trevor decked out in his HP glasses. The wands they were waving at my camera seemed to have made the lighting go bad.



Everybody had a great time, except for the loooooooooooong wait in line. They had costume contests (since Tyler needs to straighten his room and couldn't find his HP glasses, he was Snape. Son, if you're reading this blog, GO CLEAN YOUR ROOM!!), a booth with an excellent and amazing palm reader who also let you try on the sorting hat, a Snape debate, door prizes, and all kinds of stuff. We were in that store from 9 pm until almost nearly 2am. At 11:45, they started lining us up according to the color of the wristband you got at the door. Tyler had reserved a copy and had a silver band and Trevor got a purple one; of course you know that meant I got to go through the freaking line twice . . . oh whoop-tee-doo for me. We did get to pass the time by talking to some really nice people in line, though, so it wasn't that bad. Finally we got our books and free posters, then went to Denny's for a 3am snack, then drove back to the house and got into bed about 5am. A few of the kids were hysterically sleepy in the restaurant, you know when they are laughing hysterically for no appearant reason, but that just made it more interesting. Seriously, we really did have fun! I think it's cool that we got to take part in something I think the kids will always remember. We're all sleepy as hell today, but we're happy!!



In knitting news, I have finished the first of the petal pink Breeze ankle socks!

I'm LOVING this pattern! You have to pay attention while you knit this one, but it's really not hard to do. The one on the left is the right color. I don't know why the right picture turned out orangey, but you can see some of the detail.

4 Comments:

At 2:32 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I love the costumes! It looked like fun. And the socks are great too.

 
At 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Breeze anklets! I'm on the 2nd repeat - looks like you did the middle length? (3 repeats)I really like how the toe flows from the pattern!

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Heddy said...

the Breeze socks turned out sweet! I love them , and the colour is very pretty, too.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Thanks for the Breezey Compliments! I do love this pattern and should be done with the second sock for this pair by Friday. This week has been too busy so far for me to have hardly any spare knitting time.

Pat, yep, I did do the medium size with three repeats.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home