Sunday, August 26, 2007

Socks, Dogs, Etc.

Well, I've had another busy week but I am nearly caught up with all the stuff I'm trying to get finished. I had a technical difficulty on the Do Something New KAL blog, so I spent some time trying to fix that for the past few days.


I finished these Breeze socks for Amanda to earn my August 'A' over at SAM4.



I am nearly done with all the homeschool planning for this year. I just need to do a couple more little things and print some pages out, then we'll be all set to start the first week in September.



One big thing that has came up a bit unexpectedly is that my Boston Terrier, Maizy, has decided to come out of retirement to have one more litter of puppies. In July, we walked in on an accidental tie (our first unplanned mating EVER in the history of our kennel) between her and Capone, which was really shocking to me because she had just been in full heat two months previously and did not appear to be 'in' prior to the tie taking place. So statistically speaking, the chances of her being pregnant were slim, but we confirmed about 10 days ago that she is indeed 'with pups'. They should be due Sept 12. She is in excellent health so everything should be fine. Everything seems to happen for a reason, I guess, even if it was unexpected.



So for my late entry of Dogs on Thursday, here is a picture of the expectant parents. Taken a while back, that is Maizy and Capone with a homemade Agility tunnel.

When Capone figured out that he would get a treat just for running thru a tunnel, you couldn't keep him out of the thing! I would be practicing with Maizy, then Capone would run thru and wait for a cookie!


This is our last week of summer vacation before Homeschool starts back, so I'm going to try to take it easy and maybe find a few fun thing to do.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Breeze turned out lovely in lavender!

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Hobbygåsa said...

Nice photo of the expecting parents! Are they fond of Agility?? For several years I competed with my prior dog - Agility is a lot of fun!! Leon was going to be an Agility dog too, but then I got seek and we are not able to exercise... Late September the Agility World Championship is taking part in Hamar, a town 30 minutes drive from where I live...

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Hobbygåsa said...

Something happened here... Your socks are great and the KAL blog turned out nice. Have a nice day(well it is night here,I don't know about you hometown...)

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Did you say soon to be parents? I LOVE Bostons... yours are absolutely adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home