Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thursday Dogs 2 days late and some homeschool links

Ooops, I should have posted this pic two days ago, but better late than never!



That is Ramses the German Shepherd and Harlan the Bloodhound in our backyard. They are such good buddies, I always love watching them play! Ramses was the first Wonderland dog to earn a CGC (trained only by me up to that point, which I've always been proud of), and Harlan was the first to win at Conformation shows. You will definitely see pictures and hear more tales on these two!



I've been busy working on homeschool planning all week, so I thought I'd post a few helpful links for any other teacher moms out there. XP Math is a great site with online games, worksheets and downloadable ebooks ( I downloaded a 600 + page SAT ebook there, for free!!) OWL stands for Online Writing Lab and has a literal ton of information that can be used in English classes, from parts of speech to tips for writing a term paper. Shadow Poetry is a wonderful tool for educating people of all ages about poetry: they have a handbook of literary terms; bios and poems on over 30 of the great poets; detailed descriptions and examples of nearly all the poetry styles; and articles on any and everything you would to know on the subject of poetry. Everyone probably already has this one marked but I had to mention Wikipedia, which has quick information an every subject known to man.

5 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Blogger Paula said...

Oh I love the picture!
and nice post too.
I am sorry I am late with Dogs on Thursday this week.
It has been such a looong and busy week.

Hehehe, Wikipedia is one of my favorite places to visit so much so that I named my cat after the website! LOL.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

My frog curtains were glow in the dark. I bought the fabric back in '95. My husband has a frog collection in this room. Thus the frog curtains.

Thanks for you comment...Bassetcat aka Gretchen

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Sonya said...

I just joined Dogs on Thursday, so I am coming by to say Hi!

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Pooch said...

Harlan looks very purposeful as he sniffs his way along.

By the way, I used OWL with my online college students who had difficulty writing. (Not a good thing when taking an online class!)They found it quite helpful.

:)

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger Paula said...

Hi Tina!
I just wanted to let you know I posted the first contest on the Short Story Writing Month site this morning.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home