Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life is Good

The flu bug is finally trying to leave our house, finally, I think. The kids are still sniffling and coughing, but everyone's fever is gone and we are about to get back to normal around here. A person never realizes how great it feels to be 'okay' until after they have been sick, but right now, I'm appreciating it!
I finished my Pomatomus socks a couple days ago. I call them my Goldfish socks, due to the color, and that's what they remind me of. Knit Picks Palatte in Golden Heather is the yarn I used, and the pattern is from Knitty, written by one of the all time greatest sock designers, Cookie! Seriously, all of her patterns are AWESOME!!

I live in a rural area of Western Kentucky, and it is just really pretty here this time of year, even lately when it has been unseasonably hot. I love living out here in the country where I can go out without having neighbors that can see every move I make. There is nothing like going outside on nice night like this, looking up at the moon and listening to crickets and katydids, smelling the fresh air, and walking around barefoot to feel 'grounded'. It really makes a person appreciate the little things in life and feel their connection to nature.


6 Comments:

At 5:56 AM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Seems to have been a lot of people in blogland sick lately. Must be a computer virus. HA! Your vivd description of living out in the country seems very nice, but I am afraid that I am a die-hard city girl.

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

The goldfish socks ROCK, By the way.

 
At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds so nice where you are. It is pretty quiet here as well, and I love it. The socks are gorgeous, the name is perfect!
Glad you are all feeling better, my DH had it for a couple of days.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Carol said...

I am also glad your feeling better. I love your socks. I have almost the same color yarn and thought of doing a scarf with it...and as for the country girl...can't wait to get back to being one....I am hating the city life......give me peace and quiet and the sounds of crickets any day..

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Me too - glad you are feeling better! Your socks are great! I must admit that I am a city girl... I moved to the countryside 7 years ago and though I live in a little town, I miss "my town". I lived in Oslo, the capitol of Norway, and I hope I can return some day... But I can rely to the fresh air and the silence - for some weeks. Have a nice day!

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Paula said...

I am glad you are feeling better!
I love your Pomatomus socks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home