Sunday, September 07, 2008

Pow Wow and Grandparents Day

My weekend was busy but fun.

Saturday we went to the 21st annual Trail of Tears Pow Wow in Hopkinsville, KY. The park is on one of the actual campsites the Cherokee used during their forced march in 1838. Talented dancers, beautiful regalia, the scent of authentic fry bread, and the haunting music of the drum, flute, and singers makes this a special event.

Today is Grandparents Day, so if you didn't call your grandmama, go running to the phone and do it now! The kids and I visited with my grandparents this morning then stopped by my folk's house. It was fun and my grandparents enjoy having a day in their honor.

Our first week back to homeschool has gone really well, and I'm just about back in the swing of the school schedule.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I hope your home-schooling is off to a great start. I home-schooled my daughter and I miss those days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home