Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Labor Day

It'll be Labor Day in a few short hours, so everybody have a good one!

I'm going to Luke's Flea Market in Greenville, KY in the morning to do some treasure hunting. Vendors come from all over the country on Labor Day so you never know what you'll find there. They have a little bit of everything from farm animals to houseplants, collectibles to antiques, and a bunch of 'What the heck is that thing' type items. I sure hope they have Lemon Shake-ups tomorrow.

I've spent most of this weekend getting stuff ready for our homeschool, which starts this coming Wednesday. Since my girls are now college age, Tyler will be my only student this year. It'll be easier for me, teaching everything on one grade level instead of three different ones, though I'm not sure how excited he's going to be about having 100% of my attention focused on him. This will be my tenth year as a Homeschooling mom, and I still enjoy it.

This years subjects include the following: English (reading, writing, literature, vocabulary, etc), Math, Science, Spanish, History, Geography, Civics, and The Arts & Culture.

4 Comments:

At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Also, good luck with the homeschooling.

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I hope your new school year started well. I home schooled my daughter, it was a lot of fun.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

I hope your new school year started well. I home schooled my daughter, it was a lot of fun.

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The postings on your site are always excellent. http://www.iessaywriter.com/ Thanks for the great share and keep up this great work! All the best to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home