Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fun stuff

I just finished reading a great book. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It's one of the best books I've read in a while. A biographer is hired to write the life story of a famous reclusive fiction writer. The story she uncovers deals with twins, a turn of the century estate, a fire, illusions to a ghost, and mysterious events. Loved it!!

This is a fun site I stumbled on recently. You play a multiple choice game that improves your vocabulary, and, for every word you get right, the sponsors donate rice to feed the starving people in the world. You start with an easy level and work up. There are a bunch of SAT words on there and above. I had my homeschoolers try it out (Grades 12 and 7) and they enjoyed it, too!

Contest Alert! Check out Regan's site for a fun contest! I think it's running until the 9th of December, plus her site is always fun to read!

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Hi!
Thank you for the "plug" and you will get another entry of course!!!
Cool.
Also...will have to get my 8th grader to check out that vocab site with me. The book sounds good too, will have to look for that one at the library (my favorite bookstore-LOL).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home