Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Above are babies Einstein and Elvis on our teensy little dog couch.
Their sisters went to their new home together in Washington a couple of weeks ago.
Elvis will be going to his home in Wyoming in a few weeks.
And y'all know by now that little Einstein is staying here. Puppies are so much fun,
and we can't stop playing with them!

I your Thanksgiving Day feast ready yet? Ours sure isn't, but it should be by suppertime tonight, hopefully. Tonight it's just me, the husband, and the kids, then tomorrow we're getting together with the rest of my family at my brother's house.
Here is what is on tonight's menu:
Marsala Mushroom Ragout, Stuffing, Glazed Carrots, Corn Pudding,
Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Deviled Eggs, Apple-Walnut Cranberry Sauce,
A Vegetable Tray, and sweet tea with fresh lemons.
For dessert, we have Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Squares, and Bourbon Balls.
(My daughter and myself are vegetarians, so I'm not cooking a dead bird! But, trying to be nice to the three 'Meat Eaters' who live here, I did let them buy a few pieces of it for their plates.)
For any Yankees out there, the Bourbon Balls are a traditional Kentucky favorite! Oooh, they are so good! Made 'em last night. The confection is made with pecans soaked in good 'ole Kentucky bourbon, powdered sugar, and margarine, mixed together and formed into little balls, then they are dipped in semi-sweet Ghiradeli (okay, I dknow I spelled it wrong) chocolate! MMMMMMMMMmmmmm.
Happy Thanksgiving!!


6 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Tina.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Andree said...

The bourbon balls sound fantastic!

Your puppies are adorable and it must be hard to send them off even when you know they are good homes. Actually, that is why I have so many cats. I couldn't do it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

I hope that you had a wonderful holiday!
Good luck to Elvis, may he have a wonderful home and safe journey.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

Sounds like a lovely meal. I admire you being able to send the babies to their new homes. Even though they will be loved, I would have a heck of a time. Oh, and bourbon balls? Love em. And rum balls. MMMMMMMMMM.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. We had a very quiet and wonderful day. Hubby had to work but we ate at 4pm when he got home. Fun day.

 
At 12:27 AM , Anonymous uk literature review example said...

The idea behind this blog post Happy Thanksgiving! is outstanding,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home