Sunday, October 07, 2007

Scorpion Pops

Just in case any of y'all wondered what a Scorpion Pop looked like, well there ya go! We went back yesterday for the last day of the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival, and Tyler had to get one in blueberry flavor! The button came with it, and he sure did like the attention he got wearing it, as a lot of the people working at the boothes we stopped at would say, "You ate a WHAT?!" Who would have guessed a 12-year-old boy would have loved the gross out factor!! LOL Buttons also came with the "Icky Licker" [cricket sucker] and Barry's "Gator Tator" from Monday night. Did I mention how glad I am to be a vegetarian!
We had a heck of a busy week around here. Two trips to the fall festival, dentist appointments, homeschooling, puppies, visitors, and on and on. But most all of it was enjoyable. Friday we got to go a nice banquet for Lantrip's East/West Karate, where Tyler is currently an orange belt.
In knitting news, I'm having fun working on those Monkey socks in my very first Kool-aid dyed yarn. That is a great pattern! The cardigan I'm working on is kinda BORING right now, though. The back is knit first so it is slow going, and row after row of stockinette is just not too interesting. The front has two really pretty sections on it, and there will be a fancy edging added all around the bottom, front, and to the sleeves, but that isn't until after the whole thing is put together. I'm looking forward to starting my lace project for the 'Do Something New KAL' with the mossy sage green yarn I dyed last week.
I hope y'all have a fun weekend!!

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Scorpion pop....hahaha.
Nice.
Sounds like you have been very busy!
I can't wait to see your socks, sweater...and the lace project with your dyed yarn!

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Scorpion pops, seriously?

 
At 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scorpion pop? Yuck! I don't think I could even look at them without freaking.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Jaye said...

Two isn't bad.

About this time last year I saw a program on The History channel that was probably called The History of Candy or something like that. They had a good 6-8 minutes devoted to candy that was filled with bugs and creepie-crawlies.

In person, I could go my entire lifetime without seeing anything like that and be a very happy woman :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home