Sunday, October 07, 2007

Weather Underground, Check this out!

I just found this site and thought it was kind of cool. On the Weather Underground mainpage, type in your zip code or the location you want in the box in the upper left hand corner of the screen. It will bring up your current conditions, show radar for your area, give a 5-day forecast, and if you ever wondered what your latitude and longitude were, well it tells you that, too, right on the upper right. I thought it was pretty interesting.

If you are in to Astronomy, just scroll down toward the bottom of your local page. It tells you the length of daylight, what time you will be able to see the moon, etc. There is a moon chart that shows what the current moon phase is and when the other phases will occur. If you want to go star gazing, just click on 'View Full Star Chart', located under the moon chart. It will take you to a page that you can print out, which shows all the constellations that should be visible in your town tonight!

Want to find out what the weather was like in a certain location on a particular date in history? The 'History' section will do it. Kind of cool to be able to see what the weather was like the day your Great-great-grandpa was born!

This site also has a Trip Planner, so you can plan for the weather conditions that will occur on your next vacation.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM , Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Thank you for the cool link!
:-)

 
At 12:32 AM , Blogger Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Pretty cool - I'm always looking for what is coming in the week weather-wise!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just participated in a tag which I traced back as far as I could. You were the second person in the whole big line of it. Thought you might be interested to see how it progressed between you and me.

You can check it out on my blog under the entry called "Headlines".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home