Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Satirical Little Rant

I couldn't help myself on this one. My uncle died one year ago tomorrow and his 'wife' - if you can really call her that, since she moved out of his house and out of the county a full year before he died, refusing to grant him a divorce only because she was after his inheritance - put a sappy Bullsh*t memorial in the paper today. The hussy had two reasons for doing it: 1. to try and make my grandparents think she cares because she has her eyes on their bank account and 2. because she knew how much it would piss off my mom, my cousin, and myself. The poem I just finished that follows says it all. My uncle, whom I loved despite his problems, would have gotten a kick out of it. Here's to you, Tom-Tom.

To My Uncle’s ‘Wife’
by Tina Hayes

You put a memorial in the paper
Since he died one year ago.
But there’s something that I truly think
Its readers ought to know.

He left one lovely daughter,
Though estranged, there was much love,
And a beautiful granddaughter
That you made no mention of.

He fought some demons in his life,
That cannot be denied.
But the worst act that he ever did
Was making you his bride.

You extol upon the virtues
We know you don’t possess.
You claim to “love and miss him”
But you couldn’t have cared much less.

Separated a year before
He passed from here on Earth,
You kept your claws sunk in him,
Seeking all his worth.

You scheme, lie, and manipulate
But his family's not deceived.
Blood ties are the strongest,
We’re the ones bereaved.

You need to stop your dig for gold.
There seems to be a glitch.
We know just what you’re up to,
You sanctimonious bitch.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Sounds like my Grandfather's (and I use that term loosely) wife. Whatever, some people just suck.

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Carol said...

I love it Tina, great poem...

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Sonya said...

Clap clap clap clap

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG - LMAO!!! This is not only a gr8 poem in and of itself, but you're a gr8 writer! Thx again for visiting my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home