Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaNoWriMo kickoff and Dogs on Thursday

Here is a picture of our 7 week old Boston puppies on their first trip outside. I love how the middle two are chewing on leaves! Left to right are Einstein, Emaline, Elvis, and Eva.
And below, I couldn't help myself yesterday! That is my little Einstein up to Halloween mischeif.

Don't you just love his little face?! We're keeping this little guy, and I have pretty much decided to keep his name as Einstein. We give each puppy that is born here kennel nicknames, because I just can't conceive of calling them Puppy 1 and such. This was our "E" litter so they all had names starting with that letter. For the Bostons that will live here at Wonderland, I like to have their names being something that relates to the 20's, since it was the 'Era of the Boston'. Maizy and Gracie were names popular in that era; Pixi means fairy, and we know that fairies were very important to the art of the 20's; and our main man Capone, who doesn't know Al Capone's name? (Trivia bit - did you know that he is the person who invented the first soup kitchen? Yep, in Chicago during the Great Depression! Al had his good points, and a big heart) Einstein will fit in just perfectly with that theme, since Albert Einstein won the Nobel Prize in 1921.
In other news, NaNoWriMo kicked off today! (Can you hear the starter pistol?) Woo hoo! So far, I have 2, 016 words! I'm trying for 2,000 a day. I figure that I'll have to take 3 days off or my brain will explode, and that will allow for 2 days of coming in below my goal. In other words, 25 days of writing 2,000 words will = the goal of 50k. Lord help anybody who tries to take my coffee away before December!!

6 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger Knit and fall back in it said...

Just love that little Einstein. He has a precious little face.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

So cute! I am so glad he will be Einstein forever, the name just suits him. Have a nice weekend!

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Donna said...

What adorable pictures of the pups. Einstein will have a great home.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

OMG, those pictures are fabulous. You need to start making greeting cards to sell on Etsy from your photos!

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

They are sooooo cute. I agree with Nicole up there, great greeting card pictures!

 
At 5:16 AM , Blogger Mindy said...

I just love the expression on Einstein's face there. It kind of says "I just did something I wasn't supposed to, but you know you're going to love me anyway!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home