Wednesday, July 01, 2009

View from the Zoo

One of my favorite places to go is the zoo. I LOVE animals and Mesker Zoo in Evansville, IN is so much fun. My family and I went yesterday so I thought I'd post some 'View from the Zoo' pics.


Above is Donna the Hippo. She just celebrated her 58th birthday!!

The Jaguar is behind glass (explains the blurs) in a huge room. He can walk outside through the door behind his butt, where he has a waterfall and two pools of water to play in, plus a huge yard. This is a beautiful animal.

This Zebra stands just almost close enough for people to touch. There's another one in the far right corner, but you can't really see him.


I'm not sure what the heck these things are, but they're part of the new Amazonia exibit. They look kinda like a beaver, but more humpy.

I love peacocks and they are running loose all over the zoo. There is nothing prettier than seeing them roosting in trees with their long tails trailing down from the branches. If you look closely at this guy, his head is bent over his back preening.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 AM , Blogger World Famous said...

It really nice to view these all very impressive pic's but let me know first, you saw a parrot in your last snap was really a natural view. How did you find a parrot in green.
Exam Sheets

 
At 4:32 AM , Blogger alicetaylor said...

Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.

potaup

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home