Sunday, June 21, 2009

Uggh

Reasons it's not a good idea to keep unfinished knitting projects beside the bed:
  • 1. Kids, dogs, husband, birds, or the bunny could get into them an accidentally make the needles slip out and cause a great portion of stitches to unravel
  • 2. Moths or something could actually eat the expensive wool yarn, the part already knitted up. They seem to leave the skeins intact
  • 3. If I have more than two things started, I generally loose interest in favor of some fun new pattern.
  • 4. I don't need to have UFOs!

I bet you've guessed the reason for the Ugggh, huh. My monkey sock liked an inch being ready to bind off the toes, then it went into UFO storage by the bed. BAD, bad, bad idea. UGGH. On my quest to finish all the old stuff I'd started, I pulled out the monkey, only to find somebody from Reason 1 had fiddled with the needles and a third of stitches are dropped and unraveling. Something from Reason 1 or 2 also chewed a damn hole in the side of the nearly finished sock. It's Rippit time, though Miller Time would make me feel better.

When I looked at the lace piece I was working on, which shame on me, I haven't picked up in months 'cuz I got busy with other stuff, I don't know what the heck happened to it. It looks like it's dissentigrating on the needle. No hope for that one, either. RIPPIT

On a brighter note, I'm having fun figuring out Ravelry, and now I only have one UFO, after I frog the above mentioned ones, so I have less on my To Do list. :O)

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM , Blogger Carol said...

I hate that when it happens...I have an afgan that I started about 3 years ago...can't remember where I left off....

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Natalie Rush said...

Ravelry really is just too fun!! Good luck with your UFOs.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Sue said...

Well, that's one way to get fewer works in progress. I am trying to finish one thing before starting another. It's not easy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home